Basic Archives workshop May 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!
Depending on sufficient registration, ANLA proposes to offer its five-day introductory Basic Archives workshop from May 15-19, 2017 in St. John’s. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to obtain physical, administrative and intellectual control of both your historical records and the records of your organization. This five-day workshop is intended to introduce participants to basic archival skills through in-class exercises and “hands-on” demonstrations. Topics to be covered include:
- introduction to archival concepts and vocabulary
- appraisal and selection of archival material
- arrangement of archival material
- description of archival material
- preservation of archival material
- access and reference issues
Cost: $150 (includes 1 year individual membership and a copy of ANLA’s nationally-recognized Basic Archives binder)
Pre-registration required: minimum registration of 10 people required
More details to follow. For further information contact the ANLA office.