The Association of Newfoundland and Labrador Archives (ANLA) provides advisory services to member archives, as well as to organizations and associations interested in establishing archives.
- On-site visits, arranged at your convenience. The on-site visit will be followed by a written report, with recommendations for future actions.
- On-site workshops, using your own collections if possible. On-site workshops are especially effective for arrangement and RAD-compliant description. The workshops include curriculum materials.
- Assistance with policies and procedures, especially those having to do with archival issues.
- Assistance with grant applications. The Professional Development and Outreach Officer will help you to identify projects and complete applications for grants to assist archives.
- Reference materials. ANLA maintains a small resource library of archival literature. We also subscribe to several Canadian archival listservs. If your question is beyond our expertise we can direct you to the appropriate experts.
Contact the ANLA office for more information about our advisory services.